Why the Blog?

So I have been thinking about doing this blog for some time now since I believe I can live up to the name. My name is Brett and I have a beautiful and hardworking wife named Megan and two boys, Grant who is almost 2 and Drex who is 3 months. I am very rich in life. I have an amazing family and I live a very happy lifestyle. My family and I are really active members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, also known as the Mormon church.
My reason for this blog is to share my journey of living the American dream starting now in 2017. We just finished school at Utah State and I have a degree in Human Biology. I have school debt and we live in a cheap 3 bedroom apartment. I own a moving company called Manly Moving that I started several years ago to get me through school with less debt. We are poor financially, but I am a hard worker. I believe that I work harder and longer than just about anyone out there. My wife teases me because if I sit down for more than 5 minutes I will start falling asleep. I work 70ish hours a week and I go to three hours of church on Sunday and I spend all the rest of my time playing with my kids or sleeping. I get about 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night. I work 20 hours a week doing maintenance for my apartment complex and then the rest of the week I am working on making my moving company grow.
My average day consists of me waking up around 6 and then doing some moving stuff and then going to do work around 7 and then I usually get done with work around 6 when I play with my kids, eat dinner, we go on a family walk, and then by 9 we put our kids down, then I spend and hour with my wife. I then work on work stuff more till about 11:30. I will then go to the gym and work out till 12 or 12:30 and then go to bed.
My wife is an amazing woman and she has been so patient with me in my constant change of plans. I promised her that I would be rich one day and that we would live a comfortable life. She doesn't believe me and I can't blame her given the past few years. I am determined to prove her wrong and to go from rags to riches. I want to go from just barely getting by to being a millionaire and owning an international moving company.
So the journey begins and I will talk about some of the work stuff I do, but I believe my success in becoming a millionaire in 5 years will be due to hard work and living a righteous life. I pay 10% of my income in tithing and I know the Lord blesses me for that and for not working on Sundays. I think these principles will help me become a millionaire in 5 years. So wish me luck and stay tuned!

Comments